One other craving that I so love is sushi, California maki to be exact. When we eat in a buffet that serves Japanese, you can expect that my plate would only and always be filled with sushi. Ever since I have tried it, I keep on looking for it. Truly, I can survive in Japan or South Korea, eating sushi all day long. ☺
Once, I have came across a facebook page that teaches how to make sushi. The next day, I was at the grocery looking for ingredients and tools to roll my own. I did not buy japanese rice but my finish product still enticed me. That’s how much I love sushi. What I used:
- Ripe mango
- Crab Stick
- Nori sheet
- bamboo mat
- Regular rice
- vinegar, sugar and salt (to season the rice)
- Cook the rice. If you can, add more water than the usual so that it will look like rice paste when cooked. If not, seasoning it with sugar, salt and vinegar mixture right after it is fully cooked can also achieve the paste appearance of the rice.
- Clean the bamboo mat. Place the nori sheet on it then add thin layer of rice.
- Slice the mango, cucumber and crab stick. Ensure you can fit them easily when you roll the mat. Add mayonnaise.
- Roll carefully but firmly to ensure all the ingredients are in tact.
- Use a sharp knife when slicing for quicker and better looking sushi.
- Serve with soy sauce, calamansi/lemon or lime and wasabi.
✘ ❍ ✘ ❍
𝒥 á Ν ê